To say that the growth and advancement in marketing is massive would be an understatement. Concepts and strategies are evolving and it can be overwhelming to stay in the know. In this blog we’ve collected 50 marketing statistics that'll help you with your brainstorming sessions in 2022!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an essential part of digital marketing. It provides the tunnel to brand building, content marketing, and promotion. It doesn’t cost as much either, but it definitely takes some time and effort! If you’re giving SEO a shot or you simply want to revisit your strategies, here are some statistics to take note of:
- Google gets more than 77,000 searches every second. (Internet Live Stats)
- The first 5 results in search engines get 67 % of total clicks. (Advanced Web Ranking)
- 90% of web pages get paid traffic from Google. (Databox)
- Keywords in search queries are usually a minimum of 4 words. (Propecta)
- Search engines are the starting point of 93% of online encounters. (Imforza)
- Conversions occur 80% of the time from local searches. (Web FX)
- 71% of B2B customers start their research with search engines. (Think With Google)
- Professional SEO services are invested in by 55 % of businesses. (Clutch Co)
- 53 % of businesses are “extremely satisfied” with SEO services that cost more than $500 on a monthly basis. (Backlink)
- Out of all SEO leads, about 14.6 % are closed. (Web FX)
Billions of dollars in sales are accounted for by ecommerce platforms, one of the fastest growing lead generation and conversion platforms for businesses all over the world. Customers love the convenience of buying products or even availing services online and it’s a great way for businesses to increase their foot traffic!
- The ecommerce abandonment rate is 69.8% on average. (Baymard)
- Leads usually abandon carts because they do not have a purchase intent or are comparing prices. (Baymard)
- The # 1 reason customers are compelled to buy online is when shipping is free and fast. (Walker Sands)
- The average duration of visit among well-known ecommerce sites is six minutes spread across six pages. (Walker Sands)
- 24 % of users use their mobile phones weekly to shop online. (PWC)
- Price comparisons are done by 65 % of consumers via mobile phones. (KPMG)
- 82 % of customers expect to receive a response over live chat within five minutes. (Drift)
- 68 % of millennial and Gen Z consumers say that online reviews are significant to their purchase decisions. (Yotpo)
- In a global point of view, 41.8 % of online purchases are done through digital and mobile wallets. (Frbatlanta.org)
- In Asia, online wallets are more popular; they are used 58% of the time. (Frbatlanta.org)
Amidst the numerous amounts of spam, email marketing is still most effective when it comes to generating leads and establishing customer relationships. Unsurprisingly, 99 % of customers check their emails everyday!
- Consumers who are targeted or remarketed to spend 138 % more versus those who aren’t part of email lists. (OptinMonster)
- The average ROI from email marketing is 4440%! (OptinMonster)
- Out of all email opens, 49% are done on mobile devices. (IBM)
- 49% of customers prefer to receive weekly emails from brands they love. (Statista)
- Brand emails are subscribed to by 60 % of customers so they could get access to exclusive deals. (MarketingSherpa)
- When brands are transparent about how they’re going to use personal information, 88 % of consumers are willing to sign up. (DMA)
- CTR increases by 5 % when there’s email list segmentation. (MailGen)
- Emails are more likely to be opened when the subject line is personalized. (MarketingSherpa)
- The type of emails that get the most opens are ones that are related to hobbies. (Hub Spot)
- 69% more orders are received when three cart abandonment-related emails are sent. (Omnisend)
Social Media Marketing
For marketers, social media has become one of the most customizable and campaign-friendly marketing channels. More than 53 % of the world’s population is on social media, offering a lot of opportunities for marketers and businesses. If you’re prepping your next big social media campaign, here are stats to guide you!
- Paid advertising is availed by 79 % of marketers according to a 2021 HubSpot poll.
- Businesses on Instagram are followed by 90% of its users. (HubSpot)
- LinkedIn campaigns are reported successful by 82% of B2B marketers. (HubSpot)
- Businesses' website traffic is largely sourced from LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- Globally, the second largest search engine is Youtube. (Alexa)
- Regardless of the count of followers, the average engagement rate on Tiktok is usually high. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- Instagram is utilized by 83 % of account owners to discover new products;
- 87% of them turn to leads and/or conversions.
- When deciding whether to buy a product or service, 74% of consumers use social media.
- Instagram is the marketer’s most popular choice for influencer marketing.
Along with the rise of social media marketing, many marketers have also invested in marketing their products through the platforms of influencers.
- When it comes to brands, 92% of people trust the recommendation of others. (Ion)
- Purchasing intent increases 5.2x from influencer marketing on Twitter. (Adweek)
- WOM marketing is 37 % more effective than any other advertising strategy. (Ion)
- Influencers are relied on by 49 % of consumers for their purchase decisions.(Adweek)
- 89% of marketers get ROI from doing influencer marketing. (Mediakix)
- There’s a $13.8 billion projection for the influencer marketing industry by 2022. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- Influencer marketing is being dominated by couples. (Warc)
- Even while shopping at a physical store, 60 % of consumers’ decisions are swayed by influencer marketing.
- The social media network that’s most influential is Facebook. (Statista)
- The ratio of influencer marketing spending to earnings is $1:$5.78. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
What practices will you keep doing and/or stop doing for your marketing strategies this new year? Share us your insights on our Instagram page @harmonidesk!